Members of the Armed Forces are subject to the criminal law and, depending on the situation, may be investigated by the Royal Military Police or by the civilian police.
Armed Forces Lawyers are part of Bird and Co Solicitors, one of the foremost criminal defence practices in the Midlands. Our solicitors have defended some of the most serious criminal allegations, up to and including murder (with several high profile acquittals in recent years).
We’re also experienced with representing service personnel. We have assisted a number of members of the armed forces and veterans in recent years. We are accustomed to the particular problems posed for forces defendants – such as the need to vary bail conditions to allow for operational deployments.
Our solicitors are qualified to advise in relation to military and civilian detention and interviews. We have attended numerous service detention interviews including in relation to numerous fatal offences.
We have also dealt with cases before the Court Martial, in which Armed Forces Criminal Legal Aid is available through AFCLAA.
If you need advice on a criminal law matter contact us confidentially at email@example.com.
Motoring Offences Fees – Magistrates Court
The following offences are Summary only motoring offences which are dealt with at a single hearing.
- Exceeding the speed limit.
- Failure to stop after an Accident
- Failure to exchange details after an accident
- Failure to provide details of driver on request – s.172 RTA 1988
- Failure to provide insurance details on request
- Failure to be in proper control of your car
- Driving over the prescribed limit of alcohol or drugs
- Using a hand held device whilst driving
- Driving without due care and attention
- Being in charge of a vehicle whilst over the prescribed limit of alcohol or drugs.
- Driving without insurance
- Driving whilst disqualified
We charge a fixed fee for a summary only motoring offence dealt with in one hearing. The fees are as follows:
For Half a Day at Court
Senior Solicitor – £450 plus VAT
Partner – £600 plus VAT
Full Day at Court
Senior Solicitor – £800 plus VAT
Partner – £1,100 plus VAT
Additional Costs include
Travel Time to Court £50 plus VAT per hour
Travel costs to Court 45p per mile by car or public transport costs
- Initial telephone conference to obtain instructions and preliminary advice in respect of plea
- Consideration of all Documents provided by you
- Initial communication with Police or CPS
- Thereafter preparation of plea and mitigation ahead of the hearing
- Representation at Hearing.
- Correspondence as to advice and outcome of your case
If we consider your case comes within special reasons we will seek, were possible, it be dealt with at the first hearing, however, this is beyond our control and at the hands of the Court. In the event that a second hearing is required, this will attract an additional hearing fee.
Price Does not Include
- Taking Statements from witnesses
- Instruction of experts
- Not Guilty Pleas
Your Court date will either be set by the police following arrest or by summons by the Court.